HDFC Infinia Credit Card Review
HDFC Infinia Credit Card is one of the best Super Premium Credit Cards in India with benefits starting from reward points, airport lounge access, acceptability, golf course access and what not! HDFC Infinia is one of the dream cards for most of the Credit Card enthusiasts in India. You can earn up to 33% reward points using this Credit Card. Offered as a Visa Infinite or MasterCard World card, this card offers the the same reward rate as the HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card on regular spends, and in the same time solves the acceptance problem of Diners Cards.
Rs 10,000 + GST (18%), you get 10,000 reward points on paying the joining fees.
Rs 10,000 + GST (18%), you get 10,000 reward points on paying the renewal fees.
Fee waiver: The annual fee is waived off on spending more than Rs 8 Lakhs in the previous year.
Eligibility for HDFC Infinia Credit Card
Earlier the website had mentioned the eligibility criteria as ITR > 45L or in-hand salary > 3.75L per month. Now the website just says: Membership for the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card is by Invite only.
If you have an existing Credit Card with HDFC with good limit (7-8L+) and decent regular usage amount, you can contact the bank for upgrade. Most likely they will upgrade your existing card to Infinia Credit Card.
- Complimentary Club Marriott membership for first year.
- Complementary Dineout Passport membership for the first year.
5 Reward points every Rs 150 spent,, which translates to 3.3% (1 reward point = Re 1).
You can redeem these reward points for Hotel and flight bookings or convert the points to various Airline Miles (1 reward point = Re 1). You can also redeem them against cash credit to the card, but this reduces the conversion rate drastically (1 reward point = Rs 0.30). If you don’t travel that much, you have an option to redeem the points for Amazon vouchers too (1 reward point = Rs 0.50)
10X rewards through Smartbuy
Here comes the best part of HDFC Credit Cards. On select merchants, you get up to 10X reward points on purchasing through the HDFC Smartbuy website, which takes the total reward rate up to 33% (10X = 50 reward points per Rs 150 spent). This includes websites such as Flipkart, Amazon and many more. The upper limit of 10X rewards in this category is 15,000 points per month. The merchant wise reward points can be found here.
Airport Lounge Access
- 4 Domestic airport lounge access per quarter for primary as well as add-on card holders using the Infinia Credit Card. There are more than 1000 lounges worldwide covered using this card.
- Unlimited Domestic and International airport lounge access for primary as well as add-on card holders using the complementary Priority Pass membership with the card.
- You earn 2x reward points on your Dining spends at stand-alone restaurants.
- You get the following benefits with the complimentary Dineout passport membership for the first year
- Assured flat 25% off at 2000+ premium restaurants
- 1+1 on buffet at 200+ restaurants
- 1+1 on Food / Drinks on select restaurants
- Zero convenience fee
- Early access to events and festivals such as GIRF
Get additional 15% off on all your bill payments via Dineout Pay (10k + restaurants)
- Unlimited Complimentary golf coaching and games at leading courses across India.
- Unlimited complementary golf games at select courses across the world.
Low Foreign Currency Markup Fees
2% + GST (18%), one of the lowest in India. But, you get a sweet 3.3% reward points on international spends too. Also, using the HDFC Global Value program, you can earn 1% extra rewards on Foreign transactions which takes the reward rate to 4.3%, so effectively you gain approx. 2% on international spending).
- Only 70% of the booking amount can be paid using reward points and the rest 30% should be paid using the card.
- No milestone benefits: Like the Diners Club Black monthly and yearly milestone benefits, HDFC Infinia does not have any milestone benefits, which is a little sad because Infinia is considered higher and is more exclusive than the Diners Club Black Credit Card.
Should you get it?
If you travel frequently: Yes. Period!!
Even If you don’t travel that much, you get 5x reward points on Amazon which translates to 8.25% return when you redeem for Amazon vouchers, one of the highest in India. I personally prefer redeeming the points for flight/hotel bookings only as the value is a lot and I get to save a lot on the tickets. Till now I have saved lakhs on flight/hotel bookings by using my HDFC Regalia, then upgrading it to the HDFC Diners Club Black and then upgrading it to Infinia Credit Card.
I upgraded to this card from the HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card which is another Super Premium offering from HDFC and was offered Infinia as a FYF (First-year-free) Card with the annual fees of Rs 10,000 + GST (18%) from the second year. It came in a premium box along with the complementary Priority Pass .
Let me know your thoughts or queries on the HDFC Infinia Credit card in comments below. Want me to review any other cards? Let me know in the comments below or using the Contact Me section of this website.
Hi! I’m Gaurav, a Software Engineer by profession and a credit card enthusiast by heart. I love earning reward points and cashbacks from credit cards and giving ‘gyaan’ on credit cards and personal finance.