Axis Bank Ace Credit Card Review
Last year Axis Bank launched their new entry-level credit card named Axis Ace Credit Card. This credit card is very good for people who are looking for good rewards points without paying a high annual fee. You can get much more value out of this card when compared to even some of the premium credit cards. Also, you get the cashback directly as statement credit, not reward points. So its quite attractive for people who are looking for cash benefits from a Credit card.
Fees for Axis Bank Ace Credit Card
Rs 499 + GST (18%)
Fee waiver: The joining fee is reversed on spending more than Rs 10K within 45 days of card issuance.
Rs 499 + GST (18%)
Fee waiver: The annual fee is waived off on spending more than Rs 2L in the previous year.
- Age: 18 years and above
- Should be a Resident of India
Benefits of Axis Bank Ace Credit Card
- Get 5% back on bill payments, DTH and mobile recharge on Google Pay.
- Get 4% back on all spending on Swiggy, Zomato and Ola.
- Get 2% back on all other purchases.
The total cashback for any bill cycle is credited to your credit card just before the next bill generation.
And the best part is.. There is absolutely no upper cap on the cashback, not even the 5% on bill payment on Google pay using your Ace Credit Card. Theoretically, you can even earn Rs 50K as reward points if you pay bills of Rs 10L in a month using Google pay.
Airport Lounge Access
Get 4 complementary Airport lounge access at select airports in India using your Axis Ace Credit Card.
You get 20% of at 400+ partner restaurants all over India as a part of Axis Dining Delights Program.
I cannot think of any other downside of this card apart from these 2:
- The only issue with the Axis Ace Credit card is that there is no transparency and too many issues while cashback tracking for any transaction. Many people have complained that they get cashback confirmation SMS for 5% cashback for some transaction while only 2% is credited. Sometimes people get cashback confirmation SMS with less reward points on some merchants. I personally haven’t seen this after having used the card for 3 months.
- No reward points on fuel, wallet loads and EMI spends.
Should you get it?
Given the low annual fees and the cashback rate, I would say you should definitely get this card if you are looking for a no a, direct cash benefit Credit card. Axis Bank’s policies on issuing credit cards is too weird. They reject and accept applications randomly. I was rejected 3 times for this credit card in last 1 year before getting approved even with a CIBIL score greater than 800 and a decent monthly income. After the 3rd rejection, I applied again randomly after 10 days and my application was approved.
Axis Ace Credit Card is undoubtedly the BEST entry level credit card if you don’t have spends concentrated on some selected merchants. If you have spending on selected merchants, you can get better returns using co-branded Credit cards such as Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card etc.
Let me know your thoughts or queries on the Axis Bank Ace Credit Card in the comments below. Want any specific Credit Card reviews? Let me know in the comments below or using the Contact Me section of this website.
Hi! I’m Gaurav, a Software Engineer by profession and a credit card enthusiast by heart. I love earning reward points and cashbacks from credit cards and giving ‘gyaan’ on credit cards and personal finance.